This is just a short guide to compiling and uploading the PIKVM Arduino HID onto other boards. I will be using the Arduino Leonardo as an example.
- The boards that you are compiling must be supported by HID-Project since this is a library that PiKVM uses
- I do not believe that boards using Hoodloader2 firmware are supported
Follow the official wiring
Mine is wired like so:
RasPi -> Arduino 5V -> 5V 5V -> HV 3V3 -> LV GND -> GND TX -> TXI -> RX RX -> RXO -> TX GND -> Pin 1 2N2222 GPIO4 -> Pin 2 2N2222 Pin 3 2N2222 -> RST
- Follow the official steps for the TTL Firmware on Flashing the Arduino HID but stop after
- Find you board for PlatformIO here
- Open platformio.ini (You can do this with
[env]change the platform and board to match step 2.
platform = atmelavr board = leonardo
- Save (
Y) and contine the official steps.
- My Logic Level converter or RPi TTL pins didn’t seem to work so a USB to TTL serial adapter was used.